Is ultracet is narcotic?

Did you mean narcotic?

Ultracet contains a combination of tramadol and acetaminophen. Tramadol is a narcotic-like pain reliever. Acetaminophen is a less potent pain reliever that increases the effects of tramadol.

Ultracet is used to treat moderate to severe pain, however, please seek more information from a doc/pharmacist who prescribed the med.

Take care!

Anonymous 14 May 2011

Hi Rajive!
Isn't Tramadol an opioid? And thus, considered a narcotic?
Your friend,
Lara

like Rajive said I don't think it's (terribly strong) but it depends on the person, my mom is 93 she broke her arm a year ago and said it wasn't as strong on her as tylenol #3- I hope this helped a little

caringsonbj 14 May 2011

but I think to the best of my ability it's an opiate (Narcotic)

It is a synthetic analgesic compound that is not chemically related to opioids but acts on the opioid receptors and inhibits reuptake of norepinephrine and serotonin. So Rajive is correct that it is opioid (or narcotic) like. I dont like using the term narcotics when talking about prescribed opioids because narcotic denotes illegal drug types but thats my opinion. Since it acts on opioid receptors it is every bit addictive as opioids. It is also chemically similar to antidepressants and can contribute to Serotonin Syndrome.

DzooBaby 16 May 2011

Tramadol is what I was talking about. Ultracet is a combo of Tramadol and acetaminophen like Rajive said.