Is ultracet an narcotic?

Ultracet contains a combination of acetaminophen and tramadol.
Acetaminophen is an analgesic used for mild to moderate pain.
Tramadol is a narcotic-like pain killer used for more severe pain.
Depending on who you ask (and how you define the word "narcotic"), tramadol may or may not be considered a narcotic.
Tramadol is not classified as a narcotic according to the Controlled Substances Act. However, research has shown that tramadol works similarly to morphine, and there have been reports of abuse and dependence on the drug.

Some sources list the drug as an opioid and others say "opioid like". Some states list it as a controlled substance and some do not. It does have abuse potential just like all opiate type meds. It affects the same receptors opioids do but it also has effects on serotonin in the brain. You can have tolerance, dependence and withdrawals after being on the medication in the same way morphine type medicines do. Tramadol is not chemically related to morphine but they both act on mu opioid agonist receptors. Ultracet is a combination med containing both Tramadol and also acetaminophen. I hope this helps to answer your question along with what suzanne66 said.