Is tramadol an actual narcotic ? I read and it said narcotic like drug?

This question has also been asked and answered here: Is tramadol a narcotic?

Tramadol hydrochloride is a prescription medication approved to treat moderate to moderately severe pain in adults. Currently, tramadol is not considered a controlled substance or a narcotic by the United States Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA). However, this medication has significant potential for abuse and is classified as a controlled substance in certain states.

Hope the info helps? take care, be well & safe, please.

It is a synthetic drug but it is not related to opioids. It does act on the receptors that opioids do however so it is considered and 'opioid like' or 'narcotic like' (if you will) drug. Being that it acts on those same receptors that opioids do, it has all the same risks as opioids and some that are unique to itself. It has properties similar to drugs that act on serotonin levels as well.