Is tramadol a class d narcotic?

Technically tramadol is not a controlled substance. It is however, addicting and is a narcotic. So it really doesn't make sense. I copied the information below. Several states have already classified it as a controlled substance.

"Ultracet is used to treat moderate to severe pain for a period of five days or less. It contains two pain-relieving agents. Tramadol, known technically as an opioid analgesic, is a narcotic pain reliever. Acetaminophen is the active ingredient in the over-the-counter pain remedy Tylenol".

Read more: http://www.drugs.com/cdi/ultracet.html

booter42 19 Sep 2010

I looked at the information too--- It dont make sense--- it says narcotic like--also it is a synthetic opiate. Years ago I took ultram and they did work for me. Also I liked the way they made me feel {which turned out to be a bad thing for me]. Anyway good advice chris.

Delila 19 Sep 2010

Hi, i hope you don't mind me asking, but i am a bit confused about your answer... Are you saying that Tramadol contains 2 pain-relieving agents?
I didn't know this?