Is thyroid measured in grains or grams?

Whole thyroid extracts are of porcine origin and measured in grains, 60mg = 1 grain.

Hashimoto's disease - New doctor changed me to Nature Thyroid... seems to work great for me,,, lost?

... 25 #!!! I take Nature Thyroid 1 gr. 4 a day... feel great!!! am I taking too much??? How many grams does Nature Thyroid go to??? Thanks

Dr increased synthroid dose from .88 to .125 to 2 grams.now TSH is .01?

It was .03 when he first put me on the medicine 2 years ago. When I was tested for a study they found it at .01 and told me to immediately tell my ...

I take 3 grains of Armour thyroid in the morning along with 25 mcg of Cytomel. I then take 25 mcg of

... Cytomel again in the afternoon. I have gained 10 lbs. in 2 months and feel like my thyroid is low again. How is this possible when I am on so ...

Dorzolamide Timolol drops cause painful grains to form in my eyes, any advice on how to stop them?

Have been taking Dorzolamide Timolol Ophth Sol for Glaucoma for about a year. I take this medication twice a day. White (salt like)grains develop in ...

Armour Thyroid - Re: armour dosage messing up my sleep?

Hi... I've been on 3 grains (180 mg) of armour thyroid for about 2 yrs now (taking it all in the morning). Thought I was doing great. Hair was ...