Is thyroid measured in grains or grams?

Whole thyroid extracts are of porcine origin and measured in grains, 60mg = 1 grain.

Dr increased synthroid dose from .88 to .125 to 2 grams.now TSH is .01?

It was .03 when he first put me on the medicine 2 years ago. When I was tested for a study they found it at .01 and told me to immediately tell my ...

Armour Thyroid - are palpitations, mood swings, high BP normal, is it stronger than thyroxine?

I recently changed from synthetic thyroxin to Armour, been on it about 2 months.Since then I have had heart palpitations, mood swings, high B P. I ...

Starting Amour soon,was 150synthroid.15mcg)my doc is starting 2 grains (120) is this to much?

I am starting Armour 120 (2 grains) soon. I was on Synthroid 150 or .15 and another little ill that was hardly nothing. My concerns is the dose Im ...

Is a diet free of grains and starches healthy?

I am on a 6wk journey that calls for no grains or starches in my diet. So its big on 3 meals of fruit and veggies and can have protiens and dairy ...