Is thyroid measured in grains or grams?

Whole thyroid extracts are of porcine origin and measured in grains, 60mg = 1 grain.

Has anyone had to cut the dose of Armour Thyroid since the new formula?

My thyroid was removed six years ago because of cancer. In April 2011, I became hyper--couldn't sleep at night and blood pressure went up-- and ...

Armour Thyroid - are palpitations, mood swings, high BP normal, is it stronger than thyroxine?

I recently changed from synthetic thyroxin to Armour, been on it about 2 months.Since then I have had heart palpitations, mood swings, high B P. I ...

I take 3 grains of Armour thyroid in the morning along with 25 mcg of Cytomel. I then take 25 mcg of

... Cytomel again in the afternoon. I have gained 10 lbs. in 2 months and feel like my thyroid is low again. How is this possible when I am on so ...

Starting Amour soon,was 150synthroid.15mcg)my doc is starting 2 grains (120) is this to much?

I am starting Armour 120 (2 grains) soon. I was on Synthroid 150 or .15 and another little ill that was hardly nothing. My concerns is the dose Im ...