Is thyroid measured in grains or grams?

Whole thyroid extracts are of porcine origin and measured in grains, 60mg = 1 grain.

Hashimoto's disease - New doctor changed me to Nature Thyroid... seems to work great for me,,, lost?

... 25 #!!! I take Nature Thyroid 1 gr. 4 a day... feel great!!! am I taking too much??? How many grams does Nature Thyroid go to??? Thanks

Dr increased synthroid dose from .88 to .125 to 2 grams.now TSH is .01?

It was .03 when he first put me on the medicine 2 years ago. When I was tested for a study they found it at .01 and told me to immediately tell my ...

Armour Thyroid - are palpitations, mood swings, high BP normal, is it stronger than thyroxine?

I recently changed from synthetic thyroxin to Armour, been on it about 2 months.Since then I have had heart palpitations, mood swings, high B P. I ...

Dorzolamide Timolol drops cause painful grains to form in my eyes, any advice on how to stop them?

Have been taking Dorzolamide Timolol Ophth Sol for Glaucoma for about a year. I take this medication twice a day. White (salt like)grains develop in ...