Is Cetirizine effective to relieve the symptoms of insect bites?

Cetirizine is an antihistamine that reduces the natural chemical histamine in the body. Histamine can produce symptoms of sneezing, itching, watery eyes, and runny nose. It is used to treat cold or allergy symptoms such as sneezing, itching, watery eyes, or runny nose.

Cetirizine is also used to treat itching and swelling caused by hives.

For insect bites other meds could be more effective, however please check with a pharmacist/doc.

Read more: http://www.drugs.com/cetirizine-hcl.html#ixzz0wDWNqzl8