Is this celexa also used for ADD or ADHD?

I am not an expert by any means, but I don't think it helps for either. Celexa is an antidepressent, and I have also taken it. I've been diagnosed Bipolar 1 with ADHD. For my ADHD, I have taken, Adderall, Adderall XR, ritalin, straterra, concerta and provigil. Ritalin and concerta work well, depending on your age and condition, but Adderall XR has worked best for me.

kytteneyes 25 May 2010

I agree about celexa for antidepressent. I am also bipolar and take it with other antipsychotic med. Would refer to the drugs Anjelikone has mentioned.

Tbianchi25,
Celexa is used for a lot of things, but ADD/ADHD is not one of them. Besides being an antidepressant as the others mentioned, Celexa can be prescribed to treat: panic disorder, social phobia, anxiety, premenstrual disorders, hot flashes, menopause, obsessive-compulsive disorder in teens, and impulsive aggression in children. Hope this helps.