Is there such a medication as hydrocodone (Vicodin) without the APAP (acetaminophen) buffer?

Not in the United States,in Canada you can but in the us for some reason they make them add something theres Vicoprofin which I found to be the least damaging on your liver if you need to take alot plus it starts out as 7.5mg hydrocodone. Mabey you can have it shipped here with a valid doctors prescription.

no there is not . I do not take percocet any longer for that reason. You would think that less is more when it comes to pain meds. You can always add tylenol if you need it. Who needs to destroy their liver and kidneys from taking tylenol or ibuprophen several times a time. Hope this helps answer your question Take care God Bless and have a great holiday

Groovy 10 Apr 2014

For my pain I would rather take the hydrocodone 5 + APAP 500 period!

Yes like with me I can not take NSAIDs aka aspirin, ibuprofen, etc because they thin the blood and I am a free bleeder and have bleeding disorders so you have to be very careful with ibuprofen too! Even if you have stomach ulcers as they can bleed... I can not take tylenol as since chemo my liver enzymes are elevated even up to 3 times as someone with hepatitis and I don't have that nor do I drink so I am left with the big boys but what I prefer is hydromorphone aka dilaudid as it does make you high if you take as prescribed (swallowing) not injecting and it last up to 6 to 8 hours with out the crash of roxycodone and the high of it...

You are all wrong. I am prescribed to hydrocodone with no acetaminophen in it OR ibuprofen. Regular pharmacies do not make it like CVS or Wallgreens, you have to get it from a special pharmacy that makes non compound drugs. Yes there are some in the US, you just have to find one. I know of 5 that are located in just Northern Missouri. So next time, get your facts straight and do your research. Thanks!

Anonymous 17 Apr 2012

Well in my opinion the closest would be oxycodone without the tylenol. I have to pay $50 extra for every compounded prescription I get over the top of the cost of the med itself. It may be way to expensive for some folks. It is for me... Mary

Blondie4life 23 Apr 2012

It may be your opinion, but you're wrong. Didn't you read me... I AM PRESCRIBED HYDROCODONE WITH ABSOLUTELY NOTHING ELSE IN IT EXCEPT HYDROCODONE!!!

I was just curious about the Vicodin 10 ml having no buffer. because i was
told there is no such thing

I understand the lady above says she gets it she is in Missouri but I find it fair until it is AVAILABLE UNITED STATES WIDE! THEN IT IS NOT AVAILABLE!!! What good does it do someone in Jersey of Georgia to have it available to an individual in Missouri!!! Also sometimes I have heard people say they get hydrocodone without buffer but indeed they get hydromorphone because the names are similar and hydromorphone does not have a buffer and is wonderful especially for cancer bone pain!