Is there a higher dosage of restoril other then 30mg?is it safe to take 60mg?

The recommended dose of Restoril when treating insomnia is usually Restoril 15 mg at bedtime (taken just before trying to go to sleep). For elderly people or people with other medical problems, the recommended dose is lower -- Restoril 7.5 mg at bedtime.

It is important to remember that Restoril is intended only for short-term use. Use beyond seven to ten days is usually considered inappropriate.

Restoril 30 mg is perhaps the highest dose manufactured, however it would be better that you spoke to the doc/pharmacist who prescribed the med for taking 60 mg.

Take care, be safe & well!

caringsonbj 14 Apr 2011

I have taken it a long time ago and 30mg is the highest dose manufactured, You can always ask the prescribing physician, I stopped at 30mg because I continued to feel each morning like someone with a hangover and I had a bitter taste it my mouth, You can always ask the doctor , I wish you the best, let us now how things go

rpcleaver 26 Jan 2012

I have taken 30 mg every night (morning) for years and only on occasion do I use 60 mg. But 60 mg is absolutely wonderful for a complete nights sleep!