Is there a difference in Lamictal (brand) and Lamotrigine (generic)? Does one work better?

I can't really say as I've only taken the brand nameof Lamictl. However I have never had any problems with other generics. (Wellbutrin, tramadol, meloxican) I don't know the generic names for everything. Like every other med just be patient and see what works for you.I may finally have a combo working for me but it has taken almost a year. Hang in there!

Betsey ass 21 Jul 2011

My shrink insisted on only lamictal and no generic. When I switched docs I got generic. Big difference. Apparently generic can be up to 20 percent stronger or weaker. I found mine to be stronger.

Anonymous 30 Jul 2011

Betsey ass, now THERE is a great username, you must have a great sense of humour!!!
Welcome if you are a newbie here!!

Been taking the generic since I began in late May. I am doing much better, but no comparison between Lamictal and generic.

Most of the drugs I take are generic with the exception being Synthroid. i've tried the generic and it does really weird things to me. Can't comment much on which is better cause I've never taken Lamictal. the only way you'll be able to tell is to try them both. Quite frankly, I can only afford generics.