Is terazonin same as sandoz alfuzosin?

Anonymous

They are similar, but terazosin has a wider spectrum for treating more conditions, but one is a selective alpha antagonist and the other is an alpha receptor antagonist.-

Meaning terazosin α-antagonists are pharmacological agents that act as antagonistsis (a type of receptor ligand or drug that does not provoke a biological response itself upon binding to a receptor, but blocks or dampens agonist-mediated responses) of α adrenergic receptors (α-adrenoceptors)

Terazosin is a selective alpha 1 antagonist used for treatment of symptoms of an enlarged prostate (BPH). It also acts to lower the blood pressure, and is therefore a drug of choice for men with hypertension and prostate enlargement.
It works by blocking the action of adrenaline on smooth muscle of the bladder and the blood vessel walls.