Is suboxone a schedule 2 or 3 controlled substance?

Buprenorphine can be either schedule 3 or schedule 5 depending on what it is being used for - treating opiate dependence or treating pain.

christineATU 21 Sep 2010

Before the thumbs down, did anybody even bother to click on the link and see that subutex has multiple classes? Unless Drugs.com is misinformed, no reason not to double check the info first...

oxyaaron 22 Nov 2010

im sorry i accidentally pressed thumbs down wen i ment up sorry

Anonymous

Buprenorphine (suboxone) and all products containing buprenorphine are controlled in Schedule III of the Controlled Substances Act.

dave420wank 29 May 2012

Wrong answer. Buprenorphine as the nasal spray called Stadol or as a injectable solutuion called Buprenex is SCHEDULE 5... I cant believe how many people dont know this . Here is a fun fact Buprenorphine has been around since 1978.. That is why it is a schedule 5. Because it was a 5 all the way until 2002 when the FDA approved it for use as Suboxone or Subutex...

dave420wank 29 May 2012

Recently the schedules have changed and Stadol is now a 4as is Buprenex

Anonymous

It is a class III. How are you doing?

oxyaaron 21 Sep 2010

makin it right now am taking new pills like suboxone ativan tramadol and some others for different ailments but im doin quite a bit better thank you how are you?

dave420wank 29 May 2012

suboxone and subutex are class 3 ... Buprenex and Stadol are class 5 . Buprenorphine is scheduled twice . Bupe used for opiate dependence is a 3. When used for pain as Stadol nasal spray or injectable solution Buprenex irt is a 5... Check the facts

This isn't an answer, but it is so good to see that you are getting by. I've been through EVERYTHING addiction wise you have. Things WILL get better. I have faith in ya ;)

dave420wank 29 May 2012

Recently the schedules have changed and Stadol is now a 4as is Buprenex. Suboxone and subutex remain a 3. Stadol and buprenex contain Buprenorphine has been around since the late 1970's.

I have heard from many counselors that is is actually a schedule 3. However I have heard of people who have been caught and was written as a schedule
1or 2 I think it depends on how it's used if its yours or if its intended to sell which in my opinion
Shouldn't change what it is its still the same drug