Is midrin 325mg 100mg 65mg a narcotic?

No. The active ingredients in Midrin are acetaminophen, dichloralphenazone, and isometheptene. None of them are narcotics.
Acetaminophen is a pain reliever and a fever reducer.
Dichloralphenazone is a sedative that slows the central nervous system.
Isometheptene is a vasoconstrictor and causes narrowing of blood vessels.
Midrin is a prescription medicine used to treat migraine headaches or severe tension headaches.

usarmymom 7 Aug 2014

Midrin is now a Schedule IV controlled drug... as are other products that contain the sedative dichloralphenazone.
Most pharmacists are surprised to learn that dichloralphenazone actually breaks down to chloral hydrate and phenazone.
Chloral hydrate is a C-IV controlled substance... and explains why there is concern about possible Midrin drug abuse.
Now the DEA has jumped in... and has classified dichloralphenazone as a C-IV controlled drug.
Another note: It is very expensive!!!

It is not a narcotic, however the dichloralphenazone is a 1:2 mixture of antipyrine and chloral hydrate. The small amount of chloral hydrate can be part of why it's a schedule C-IV controlled substance. Similar to narcotics, you can only get a months supply filled at a time under US law.

usarmymom 7 Aug 2014