Is Mepergan (or Meprozine) still on the market? If not, why was it taken off?

yes, causes migrans

Mepergan is a combination of Demerol and Phenergan..They discovered that Phenergan was deteriorating veins when used IV in anticipation of a class action lawsuit they removed the drug from the market making mepergan no more. If they had just made sure to piggyback the phenergan with saline it would not have been quite as detrimental to the veins. Oh well we can't have everythig--but i am allergic to just about everything else and docs don't want to give me straight demerol. there is a new pill that contains demerol and a anti-nausea med but i don't know what the name of it is. I hope this helps to answer your question.