Is keflex good for infection under finger nails?

It is not recommended as it is used mainly for: Cephalexcin (Keflex) is used to treat a wide variety of bacterial infections. This medication is known as a cephalosporin antibiotic. It works by stopping the growth of bacteria.

This antibiotic treats only bacterial infections. It will not work for virus infections (e.g., common cold, flu). Unnecessary use or misuse of any antibiotic can lead to its decreased effectiveness.

OTHER USES: This drug may also be used before dental procedures in patients with certain heart conditions (e.g., artificial heart valves) to help prevent serious infection of the heart (bacterial endocarditis).

However it is better to talk to your healthcare provider as he/she are qualified to answer this question better, hope this helps?

Cipro would probably be a better choose if it is infected too bad. I would check with your doctor some infections can be tricky and will only respond to certain drugs. Hope this helps some.