Is it usual for it to make you feel drunk and slurred speech when speaking?

Yes, these are the common side effects of Fioricet. However, if it is really bothersome please only take it at night so that you can recover while sleeping.

Other known side effects of Fioricet are:

Get emergency medical help if you have any of these signs of an allergic reaction: hives; difficulty breathing; swelling of your face, lips, tongue, or throat.

Stop using Fioricet and call your doctor at once if you have any of these serious side effects:
fast, pounding, or uneven heartbeat; feeling light-headed or short of breath; nausea, stomach pain, low fever, loss of appetite, dark urine, clay-colored stools, jaundice (yellowing of the skin or eyes); or easy bruising or bleeding, unusual weakness, fever, chills, body aches, flu symptoms.