Is it safe to take 20mg opana and .5mg xanex together?

You definitely need to ask your doctor. Doesn't your doctor know you have both of thee drugs
Opana happens to be the med I am tapering off of. Please be careful with any medications combined with other meds. Thanks, Marie

al351 11 Dec 2011

I only use the .5mg of xanex occasionally,take 20mg of Opana twice daily for chronic back pain and 3- 7.5/750 Vicodin,which aren't working. Thank you for your answer. Wish you well tapering off of Opana.

Taking them both together increases the chance of respiratory depression and sedation. Be very cautious about using them both at the same time. Do not do so when you are alone and alert someone to monitor you and see how it effects you.