Is it safe to give 10 month old babies cola syrup for cough supression ?

My husband family grew up using cola syrup but not for cough supression. My MIL gave it to her 6 babies for stomach upset-to calm a fussy stomach, nausea, indigestion, sour stomach etc. If the baby is taking solid foods I wouldnt think it would hurt to try a bit. It does contain a concentrated amount of caffiene though since it is not diluted with soda water. That would be my only misgiving. Ask your pediatrician to be sure.

Now that is an old time remedy! I don't think it will help a cough. If you have concerns, you should seek the advice of your physician...