Is it ok to cut the Vivelle Dot patch in half?

Patches should not be cut in 1/2. This may be an exception, so call your Pharmacist.

No this patch should not be cut in half.

joanne100 19 Feb 2010

Thanks for responding--my pharmicist couldn't find the answer!
One doctor said it's ok,another doctor said it's not ok.
Rx insert doesn't address issue!
Where did you find the answer?

twhumphr 19 Feb 2010

I looked in the package insert and it didn't say that it could be cut in half. We were always taught if a patch was able to be cut and still be effective without getting dose dumping, it would specifically state in the package insert that it was able to be cut without any problems.

That may not be the best answer you were looking for but I would err on the side of caution.