Is it dangerous to take bentyl closer than every 8 hours?

How much Bentyl are you taking? Depending on the dose ... it can be taken every 6 hours.

I used to take this medication for IBS (irratible bowel syndrome) and took it for years. Common dosages are 10mg and 20mg taken 3 to 4 times daily, usuallly before meals and at bedtime if needed. It is an antispasmodic so it calms the gi and colon. In my case, I would take it 30 minutes before eating my meal, but that is if your mealtimes are at a fairly regular intervals and on a common schedule, which aids in the treating of the condition. One thing I found certain it does cause drowsiness so spacing between doses is important until you know how it is going to affect you.