Is hydroxychloroquine safe in pregnancy?

No, hydroxychloroquine is not safe in pregnancy or breastfeeding.

It has a FDA pregnancy category C. This medication may be harmful to an unborn baby. Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or plan to become pregnant during treatment. Malaria is more likely to cause death in a pregnant woman. If you are pregnant, talk with your doctor about the risks of traveling to areas where malaria is common. It is not known whether hydroxychloroquine passes into breast milk or if it could harm a nursing baby. Do not use this medication without telling your doctor if you are breast-feeding a baby.

http://www.drugs.com/mtm/hydroxychloroquine.html