Is flagyl a medication to cure a yeast infection?

Yeast infection is treated by antifungal agents like fluconazole, itraconazole, ketoconazole. Flagyl is anti-protozoa medicine which is not indicated for yeast infection

Many strong anti biotics (including Flagyl) can actually CAUSE yeast infections. It kills the "good" bacteria women need along with the bad bacteria we want to get rid of like a sinus infection. You can now buy OTC meds for yeast infections.

Good luck to you and there are also creams you could use for the side effects of yeast infections, i.e. itching, redness, etc.

christineATU 6 Apr 2010

Right below this comment, it says "more information on Flagyl" it specifically states it is not used for treating yeast infections.