Is fioricet like vicoden?

No, fioricet has a mild barbiturate called butalbytal and it relaxes the blood vessels in your head so your head ache can go away , which is what it is generally used for.- it also has caffeine and acetaminophen but it is not an opiate pain med.

My friend Htwooh is right. But they do make it with codeine as well which would put it in the same class as vicodin. But the bottle you have would indicate if it had the codeine or not. I copied the info about the codeine version for you.

"Relieving tension headaches. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.

Fioricet with Codeine is a barbiturate, analgesic, stimulant, and narcotic combination. Acetaminophen and codeine work in the brain to relieve pain. Caffeine constricts blood vessels in the brain, which may help to relieve headache pain. Butalbital reduces anxiety and helps you to relax.

Relieving tension headaches. It may also be used for other conditions as determined by your doctor.

Read more: http://www.drugs.com/cdi/fioricet-with-codeine.html#ixzz13DyCSPa5