Is Fioricet a generic for tramadol? I picked up my medication and noticed the pill, V-2355, is iden?

No, they're not the same thing. Tramadol is an opoid pain medication, while fioricet is a barbiturate usually used for migraines. I would most definitely talk to your doctor. They produce completely different results.

Fioricet is not a generic for tramadol. I have tramadol HCL 50 mg. It is a small white pill with the imprint of: AN627. Good catch! I'm glad you asked the question instead of assuming you had the right medication. Sometimes the pharmacy will switch brands and there might be a difference. Either way, anytime your meds do not look the same as they have in the past, question, question, question it! Taking the fioricet if you were alergic to any ingrediant in it could have had fatal consequences. Make sure to document who you talk with at the pharmacy. You should ask to speak to the Supervisor. The supervisor needs to know which employee made the mistake. If your doctor changed your med without telling you, shame on him. Let us know what happened. I'm sure we are all curious. Blessings, Rollerskater

Kristi_nr 22 Aug 2013

Yeah I've been on tramadol for 8-9 years and they've mostly been the little white pills like u said. I did get a long shape before and looked those up too to make sure it was tramadol. But when I got this ones I just had a feeling it wasn't tramadol! Thanks for the info

Take them back, fioricet and Tramadol are not anywhere near the same drug! Either the pharmacy made a mistake or your Dr changed your medication (if they had to call him/her for refill auth, it is possible that they changed it). If your refill was requested for Tramadol and the Dr changed it, the pharmacist or the Drs office should have notified you that your Dr changed your medication. Good Luck and good for you for questioning what you got!

Hello. Tramadol is generic for Ultram. -K

No it's not. Tramadol is a generic itself. The name brand of Tramadol is Ultram. I suggest you take those pills back to the pharmacy. Sounds like someone gave you the wrong pills. It happens. It happened to me twice.

Anonymous 3 Feb 2012

Thor, am thinking the same thing!! Good thing you checked them out before taking the wrong meds, damn that pisses me off, mindy

Anonymous 3 Feb 2012

You think that's bad, my doctor mails me my monthly prescriptions, & whomever was doing it, also included someone else too! It was for oxycotin 30mg & 168 of them! I drove it back over to the doctors office & told them of their mistake. Good thing I am honest, huh... Mary

What you got was:

Pill imprint 2355 V has been identified as Acetaminophen, butalbital, and caffeine 325 mg / 50 mg / 40 mg.

Click on the link please:

All the best to everyone,

Anonymous 3 Feb 2012

Good answer my friend. How goes it with you? Feeling ok and everything? All is well up in our neck of the woods. Very mild winter so far. Hope you have a great day... Mary

Hey maso,

Isn't that Fioricet... just broken down to separate ingredients?

Just asking...

The Hipster

Anonymous 3 Feb 2012

Yes my smart hippie friend, brand Fioricet, generic name: acetaminophen, butalbital, and caffeine.-