Is Clonidine anything at all like a xanax pill or kilonipin?

Anonymous

Hi XRX, it is a BP med, but I've heard it has a calming effect.

Anonymous

If you are using it in conjunction with suboxone, it does quell anxiety pretty well and it suppresses the fight or flight impulse. Works some for withdrawal from opiates as well, differing people have differing opinions of how well it works. It is a blood pressure med, you can look it up here and on wikipedia.org for more info.

XrxHead86 4 Oct 2010

Thank y'all..yes I am using it in conjunction with suboxone. Wondering if it is really going to help alleviate the pains that come on later in the day, physically and mentally, after dropping my dosage of subs in the AM, therefore not feeling it NECESSARY to take suboxone twice a day. I'm really trying to ween down. Thanks again!

If you do take this medication be careful that your BP doesn't drop too low because it can cause you to pass out when you stand up and make you very dizzy and disorientated.

christineATU 4 Oct 2010

Yup. Be sure to sit on the edge of the bed for a few mins before standing, get your bearings about you first. Good tip etoille!