6 May 2010
Cefdinir: to reduce the development of drug-resistant bacteria and maintain the effectiveness of Cefdinir and other antibacterial drugs, Cefdinir should be used only to treat or prevent infections that are proven or strongly suspected to be caused by susceptible bacteria.
CEFTIN Tablets are indicated for the treatment of patients with mild to moderate infections caused by susceptible strains of the designated microorganisms in the conditions listed below:
1. Pharyngitis/Tonsillitis caused by Streptococcus pyogenes.
2. Acute Bacterial Otitis Media caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae (including beta-lactamase-producing strains), Moraxella catarrhalis (including beta-lactamase-producing strains), or Streptococcus pyogenes.
3. Acute Bacterial Maxillary Sinusitis caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae or Haemophilus influenzae (non-beta-lactamase-producing strains only).
4. Acute Bacterial Exacerbations of Chronic Bronchitis and Secondary Bacterial Infections of Acute Bronchitis caused by Streptococcus pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae (beta-lactamase negative strains), or Haemophilus parainfluenzae (beta-lactamase negative strains).
5. Uncomplicated Skin and Skin-Structure Infections caused by Staphylococcus aureus (including beta-lactamase-producing strains) or Streptococcus pyogenes.
6. Uncomplicated Urinary Tract Infections caused by Escherichia coli or Klebsiella pneumoniae.
7. Uncomplicated Gonorrhea, urethral and endocervical, caused by penicillinase-producing and non-penicillinase-producing strains of Neisseria gonorrhoeae and uncomplicated gonorrhea, rectal, in females, caused by non-penicillinase-producing strains of Neisseria gonorrhoeae.
8. Early Lyme Disease (erythema migrans) caused by Borrelia burgdorferi.
Hope this helps?
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
1 answer • 11 Feb 2010
1 answer • 24 Aug 2010
2 answers • 7 Sep 2010
I was prescribed cefdinir for sinusitis and have taken 3 doses now. As of one day ago, I started coughing frequently. Has this happened to anyone ...
3 answers • 29 Nov 2014
1 answer • 14 May 2015