is belladonna safe as a ingredient for a baby teething product?

Here is a press release from Hylands (who also make homeopathic teething products containing belladonna) which may help

Hyland's Teething Tablets Safety Information

December 19, 2007

As a manufacturer of homeopathic medicines, and as parents ourselves, we want to share with you how Hyland’s Teething Tablets are made and what they contain to effectively and safely alleviate your child’s teething aches and pains.

First and foremost, homeopathic medicines are regulated as drugs by the Food and Drug Administration (FDA), as required in the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act. The production of Hyland’s homeopathic medicines occurs within a validated process, as with any FDA-regulated drug, to ensure an accepted level of consistency in product output.