Is ambien considered a narcotic..have to take drug test will it show up?

Ambien is considered a controlled substance. I'm also on Xanax which is controlled as well. I do remember Xanax came up can't remember if Ambien does.

Good morning! I used to be prescribed ambien, a.d now I am prescribed ambien CR, and I can assure u neither one are narcotic, and neither show on drug tests. I think I asked the same question when I first got prescribed ambien. I think that particular question is what introduced me to this wonderful support group and great group of friends and fam I have gotten know. Good luck, but u will be fine.