Who invented methadone?Also when and for what use ?

Anonymous

Earl,

Didn't Balbanese just answer this question a minute ago? where did that go??

Methadose, Physeptone, Heptadon, Phy and many other names) is a synthetic opioid, used medically as an analgesic and a maintenance anti-addictive for use in patients with opioid dependency. It was developed in Germany in 1937. Although chemically unlike morphine or heroin, methadone acts on the same opioid receptors as these drugs, and thus has many of the same effects. Methadone is also used in managing severe chronic pain, owing to its long duration of action, extremely powerful effects, and very low cost. Methadone was introduced into the United States in 1947 by Eli Lilly and Company.

Methadone is useful in the treatment of opioid dependence.

Earl, were u considering asking a pain management Dr of being prescribed methadone?
I can only tell u my 5 yrs on it, for severe chronic back pain & controlled my vicodin abuse. For me, it was heaven sent. Until i wanted off it. Do the research.
Best wishes to ya.

Methadone was developed by German scientists to be a substitute for morphine.

DzooBaby 29 May 2012

Methadone hydrochloride (6-[dimethylamino]-4,4-
diphenyl-3-hepatanone hydrochloride) is a synthetic
opioid analgesic developed in Germany in 1937 with actions
and uses similar to morphine. Its interaction with
the mu opioid receptor produces morphine-like effects,
including analgesia, euphoria, sedation, respiratory
depression, miosis, bradycardia, and physical dependence.

DzooBaby 29 May 2012

Methadone is indicated
for relief of severe pain, detoxification treatment of
narcotic addiction, and temporary maintenance treatment
of narcotic addiction.