I'm swollen with 20 lbs of water, what causes it?

There are many things that can cause you to retain water. It can point to a heart problem, kidney problems, or electrolyte imbalances to mention a few. Have you spoken to your Dr about it? You should asap if you have not. You may need some testing to find out what is at the root of the cause. You may just need some simple blood tests or you might need some more in depth tests but it is definitely time to have a good physical by your Dr.

Rajive Goel 6 Jul 2011

Rightly answered, you need to seek medical attention, please.

pattybird2000 6 Jul 2011

Have set an appointment with him already. sorry for sounding so ignorent, just it's upsetting. Thank you!