If u take one 10mg. methadone pill, how long will it stay in your system?

Anonymous

danielsamy, Methadone has a very long half-life, it stays in your system anywhere from 8 to 36 hours. I have also found statistics saying as long as 59 hours. Metabolism and length of use factor in as well. All I could recommend would be to drink plenty of clear liquids and let the liver do its' job. Hope this helps, keep in mind I am not a Dr. I like to do my own research. good luck and take care, Julie

She is correct about how long long the half life of methadone is, however, you may drink water all day & night and no amount of water will flush out the methadone in your system. Sorry to tell you this if you are wondering about it showing up on a drug test.