If the Diovan-HCT pill is broken (in half), can the halves still be taken as a whole dose?

no. very unsafe. impossible to know if each half only has half the amount of med. can contain more or less.

wwaldok 20 Apr 2010

How about if the two specific halves came from the same specific single originally whole pill?

doodoogreta 21 Apr 2010

very risky in any situation. when the pills are manufactured it's just impossible to assure that each half contains an actual, true half dose of med. i'm sure you don't want to feel like you're wasting good meds by throwing them away, but i wouldn't risk taking them. also you can call your doctor or pharmacist to ask what they recommend.