If I were taking hydrocodone/APAP could I also take tramadol a few hours later?

As long as it is plain Tramadol you can take it four hours after taking hydrocodone with acetomenophen. In the hospital we often alternate these drugs and other narcs.HAVE you have only been taking hydrocodone for a short time or have you been on it for awhile. Note that Tramadol or ultram can have a varied "duration of action". The drug guide means we don't know for sure how long it lasts in active form in your body. The exception is if you have a seizure history , don't mix them. Sometimes we need to give less tramadoyl( dose) after repeated doses. Hope this isn't too confusing. If it is let me know and we'll talk. Take care!