If I am taking Lisinopril can I use Viagra or Cialis, or is it not recommended?

There is a minor interaction between lisinopril and medicines like Viagra and Cialis. You can take these together but just be aware that they may cause low blood pressure when taken together.

Please see link below for the interaction in detail.

http://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php

enrigue 21 Nov 2011

You should check with your doctor.

No, it is not recommended to take them together, it may cause fall in bloodpressure.

Based on their pharmacology ,phsphodisterase -5 inhibitors may conceivable potentiate the hypertensive effect of anti hypertensive medications.these agents inhibit PDE -5 mediated degradation of cGMP ,which in vascular smooth muscles can cause peripheral vasodilation .however ,clinical pharmacology studies of tadafil (administered as a10mg dose except in studies with angitensin11 [AR] blockers ,and which used a dose of 20mg) have demonstrated no clinically significant interaction with various anti hypertensive drugs from major classes including CCB blockers,ACEI,

I would ask your doctor about it. I have been taking 5mg lisinopril for over 5 years now along with 50 mg viagra tablet when I need it without any problems.

RadioActiveHeap 19 Aug 2012

I wonder, though, if Aetna pays for Cialis. I believe that it should be covered. Being high blood pressure is a medical condition, Cialis is needed to help the "The problem". I have yet to contact Aetna, I trust they will cover Cialis.

betterdays39 3 Nov 2012

ive been taking 20mg cialis and 20mg lisinopril for months and no ill effects at all to date/