Is IBS curable?

From my understanding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (well the symptoms) are treatable but not curable.

http://www.drugs.com/enc/irritable-bowel-syndrome.html

Irritable Bowel Syndrome - How often has Xifaxan helped women with IBS?

I'm on a 10-day regimen of Xifaxen for severe IBS and recurring flu-type symptoms. Has the bacteria in my intestine caused the IBS symptoms ...

Will methadone lessen the frequency of bowel movements caused by removal of the colon?

as a result of irritable bowel syndrome (IBS)? If yes, how?

Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Hello everyone. I am new to this board, but NOT new to IBS. Have had it?

... for many years. I also have crohns-colitis. I was wondering if any one has diet recommendations Would appreciate any suggestions, Thanks

Can IBS be hereditary?

My mum has IBS and over the last two years I have been getting some of the IBS symptoms pointed out by the NHS Choices website. I just wanted to know ...

Irritable Bowel Syndrome - is cholestyramine oral powder help ibs and when is the best part of the?

... when is the best time of the day to take it and what medications would interfere with this