Is IBS curable?

From my understanding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (well the symptoms) are treatable but not curable.

http://www.drugs.com/enc/irritable-bowel-syndrome.html

Irritable Bowel Syndrome - How often has Xifaxan helped women with IBS?

I'm on a 10-day regimen of Xifaxen for severe IBS and recurring flu-type symptoms. Has the bacteria in my intestine caused the IBS symptoms ...

Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Hello everyone. I am new to this board, but NOT new to IBS. Have had it?

... for many years. I also have crohns-colitis. I was wondering if any one has diet recommendations Would appreciate any suggestions, Thanks

What is paregoric liquid, used for IBS want more info?

irritable bowel syndrome, (IBS) paregoric liquid used to slow down the bowels cannot find to much on this med

Citalopram - Irritable Bowel Syndrome?

Has any one else developed IBS from taking Citalopram? There is no doubt in my mind that the horrible IBS I spontaneously developed at 32 was caused ...

Can IBS be hereditary?

My mum has IBS and over the last two years I have been getting some of the IBS symptoms pointed out by the NHS Choices website. I just wanted to know ...