Is IBS curable?

From my understanding Irritable Bowel Syndrome (well the symptoms) are treatable but not curable.

http://www.drugs.com/enc/irritable-bowel-syndrome.html

Irritable Bowel Syndrome - How often has Xifaxan helped women with IBS?

I'm on a 10-day regimen of Xifaxen for severe IBS and recurring flu-type symptoms. Has the bacteria in my intestine caused the IBS symptoms ...

Medications/IBS/IC/SIBO?

Irritable Bowel Syndrome - anyone tried cystoprotek for IC? does it work can I take it with Xifaxan.. (Antibiotic) Can depo shot cause IBS, IC and ...

Irritable Bowel Syndrome - what treatments has everyone tried?

Newbie 1965Cherokee, hello everyone! Little info, had IBS-D since I was 5. Had it for 40 years now and getting tired of it. Any bidders on this? ...

Citalopram - Irritable Bowel Syndrome?

Has any one else developed IBS from taking Citalopram? There is no doubt in my mind that the horrible IBS I spontaneously developed at 32 was caused ...

Irritable Bowel Syndrome - I have ibs but was found to have b12 deficiency recently.after a course?

... of b12 injections I had 4 weeks of pain free.any ideas why?gp says coincidence