I would like to replace metoprolol with less side effects?

My doctor originally prescribed me bystolic which was a newer beta blocker med out that he said is known to have less side effects than most, I was on it with success when he gave me samples to try but my insurance won't pay for it since it's so new but I'm not sure what side effects you are experiencing from metoprolol. It's been fine fo me so far after a lttle over 2 months on it

itsmetoo2 2 Apr 2010

You can always appeal the insurance decision. Yoou need to have documention that nothing else that is covered works. Then with that and a letter from your doctor your insurance can give special permission for you to have this medication covered.