i started reclipsen 12 days after the first day of period. What may be the effects?

Reclipsen is an oral contraceptive. It contains ethinyl estradiol and desogestrel, a combination of female hormones that prevent ovulation (the release of an egg from an ovary). This medication also causes changes in your cervical mucus and uterine lining, making it harder for sperm to reach the uterus and harder for a fertilized egg to attach to the uterus.

When you first start Reclipsen you may have breakthrough bleeding, especially during the first 3 months. Tell your doctor if this bleeding continues or is very heavy.