I need to find a prescribed pain killer that will interact well with Paxil and Lithium..Thank you?

From my personal experience very few narcotics interact with those medications. I would recommend taking Naproxen Sodium or Ibuprofen first, second I would suggest taking something called Tramadol and the third I would recommend a short acting narcotic such as Percocet or Lortab for Acute pain. For Chronic pain I would recommend a long acting narcotic such as Morphine Sulfate ER or Oxycotin. Hope this helps. Good luck to you!

mitjason 10 Jan 2010

Methadone is a good narcotic as well.

pfcpremosgirl 10 Jan 2010

You should not take Tramadol with any SSRI anti-depressant, such as Paxil, Proxac, etc. It can result in a serious, potentially fatal, condition known as Serotonin Syndrome. Naproxen or Ibuprofen is fine. And narcotics, depending on condition, your doctor, etc.

mitjason 11 Jan 2010

The drug interactions between Tramadol and SSRI are rare but can cause the above mentioned problems but it's most likely a precaution. I've personally been on both medications at the same time. You just have to make sure your doctor know about it and is aware of the problems. It's probably best to ask your doctor because he will have the best advice.

yea i have t disagree with whoever suggested ultram while you are on paxil.see both paxil and ultram work on seretonin.it is very rae but its called seretonin syndrome,and it can be fatal..so if iwas you i would ask for lorcet plus.its very effective and it want have bad interactions with your other meds.