I just filled a RX for Vytorin and it is a product of Singapore, why and it is safe?

Anonymous

First I AM NOT A DOCTOR OK.

Second:Vytorin receives FDA approval amid controversy over its role
FDA approval had finally arrived for VytorinTM, the highly anticipated simvastatin/ezetimibe combination from Merck/Schering-Plough. Although both components of the drug combination are available separately, the combined pill is expected to play a significant, though somewhat controversial, role in the enormously successful cholesterol-lowering marketplace.
This was approved a long time ago.

What Is Vytorin?

Vytorin (ezetimibe/simvastatin) is a prescription medication used for high cholesterol and high triglycerides. It is a combination of two medicines: ezetimibe (Zetia), which is a cholesterol absorption inhibitor, and simvastatin (Zocor), which is part of a class of drugs called HMG-CoA reductase inhibitors (more commonly known as a statin).

What Is Vytorin Used For?