I just filled a RX for Vytorin and it is a product of Singapore, why and it is safe?

Second:Vytorin receives FDA approval amid controversy over its role
FDA approval had finally arrived for VytorinTM, the highly anticipated simvastatin/ezetimibe combination from Merck/Schering-Plough. Although both components of the drug combination are available separately, the combined pill is expected to play a significant, though somewhat controversial, role in the enormously successful cholesterol-lowering marketplace.
This was approved a long time ago.

What Is Vytorin?