I have some doxycycline hyclate capsules that are a year old ... are they still good to take?

By law the manufacture has to put an expiration date on all drugs according to the FDA. The expiration date is when the manufacture knows that the potency of the drug is equal to the first day it was manufactured. Many drugs are still as potent after their expiration date as they were when first manufactured. They should be just as potent if not than they may have lost some of it's potency but should still work. I hope this helps. Good luck to you!