I have high blood pressure, can I take Mucinex DM safely?

Yes, it's fine for you to take Mucinex DM if you have high blood pressure. It contains dextromethorphan and guaifenesin. Dextromethorphan is a cough suppressant. It affects the signals in the brain that trigger cough reflex.

Guaifenesin is an expectorant. It helps loosen congestion in your chest and throat, making it easier to cough out through your mouth.

The combination of dextromethorphan and guaifenesin is used to treat cough and chest congestion caused by the common cold, infections, or allergies.

These medicines are not known to elevate blood pressure.