I have ED. I want to try sildenafil. How long should I stop isosorbide Mono ER b4 taking sildenafil?

The use of PDE5 inhibitors by patients receiving organic nitrates or other nitric oxide donors, either regularly or intermittently, is considered contraindicated. A suitable time interval following administration of sildenafil or vardenafil for the safe administration of nitrates has not been determined. For tadalafil, data from a clinical pharmacology study suggest that at least 48 hours should elapse after the last dose of tadalafil before nitrate administration is considered should it be deemed medically necessary in a life-threatening situation. Even then, nitrates should still only be administered under close medical supervision with appropriate hemodynamic monitoring.

Read more: http://www.drugs.com/interactions-check.php?drug_list=1401-0,2061-0#ixzz0uxImkOnA

In case of Sildenafil, would recommend that you seek more professional advice from the doc/pharmacist who prescribed the meds, hope the info is of use to you?