I have been taking a small amount of Ambien (1/2 of 5m )for 3 years?I quit "cold turkey" 1 month ago. How much longer will I have to wait to rid it from my system? It sure didn't agree with me... Nightmares and very dry mouth.
4 Aug 2010
Ambien works quickly (usually within 15 minutes) and has a short half-life of 2 to 3 hours (the time it takes for plasma levels to reduce by half).
As an estimate, after taking a dose of Ambien it should be out of your system within 10 to 15 hours.
However other factors to consider include:
1. How much and how often you have taken the drug.
2. Your metabolic rate – a slower metabolism will increase the time a drug remains in your system.
3. Your age and health – older age and poor health will generally increase the time the drug stays in your system.
4. Body mass – generally the bigger you are the longer a drug will remain in your system.
- Ambien Information for Consumers
- Ambien Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Ambien (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
How long does ambien stay in your system?
2 answers • 31 Oct 2010
My daughter has been taking Ambien for a couple of years and it quit working and Medicaid no longer pays for it. She quit taking it 6 days ago. We ...
3 answers • 20 Nov 2010
... trazadone? I seem to have inherited my sleep problems. I stopped ambien cr because I had been on it few yrs and felt maybe it was to blame for my ...
1 answer • 15 Aug 2014