I have been taking a small amount of Ambien (1/2 of 5m )for 3 years?I quit "cold turkey" 1 month ago. How much longer will I have to wait to rid it from my system? It sure didn't agree with me... Nightmares and very dry mouth.
4 Aug 2010
Ambien works quickly (usually within 15 minutes) and has a short half-life of 2 to 3 hours (the time it takes for plasma levels to reduce by half).
As an estimate, after taking a dose of Ambien it should be out of your system within 10 to 15 hours.
However other factors to consider include:
1. How much and how often you have taken the drug.
2. Your metabolic rate – a slower metabolism will increase the time a drug remains in your system.
3. Your age and health – older age and poor health will generally increase the time the drug stays in your system.
4. Body mass – generally the bigger you are the longer a drug will remain in your system.
- Ambien Information for Consumers
- Ambien Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Ambien (detailed)
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
My daughter has been taking Ambien for a couple of years and it quit working and Medicaid no longer pays for it. She quit taking it 6 days ago. We ...
3 answers • 20 Nov 2010
I'm taking ambien with the trazodone and it knocks me out but I'm experiencing bad dreams all night long. They wake me up, but I go back to ...
1 answer • 25 Nov 2013
... trazadone? I seem to have inherited my sleep problems. I stopped ambien cr because I had been on it few yrs and felt maybe it was to blame for my ...
1 answer • 15 Aug 2014