I have been taking a small amount of Ambien (1/2 of 5m )for 3 years?I quit "cold turkey" 1 month ago. How much longer will I have to wait to rid it from my system? It sure didn't agree with me... Nightmares and very dry mouth.
4 Aug 2010
Ambien works quickly (usually within 15 minutes) and has a short half-life of 2 to 3 hours (the time it takes for plasma levels to reduce by half).
As an estimate, after taking a dose of Ambien it should be out of your system within 10 to 15 hours.
However other factors to consider include:
1. How much and how often you have taken the drug.
2. Your metabolic rate – a slower metabolism will increase the time a drug remains in your system.
3. Your age and health – older age and poor health will generally increase the time the drug stays in your system.
4. Body mass – generally the bigger you are the longer a drug will remain in your system.
- Ambien Information for Consumers
- Ambien Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)< / span>
- Side Effects of Ambien (detailed)< / span>
Search for questions
Still looking for answers? Try searching for what you seek or ask your own question.
How long does ambien stay in your system?
2 answers • 31 Oct 2010
I switched from Ambien to Restoril friday night and I am not staying asleep and I have nightmares and everytime I opened my eyes I was either seeing ...
3 answers • 3 Oct 2011
I'm taking ambien with the trazodone and it knocks me out but I'm experiencing bad dreams all night long. They wake me up, but I go back to ...
1 answer • 25 Nov 2013