I had right ear ringing for several hours. Is this a side effect of Bystolic?

Yes. Ringing in the ears has been reported, but most commonly only occurs in the first month of taking it. According to an article I recently read, the ringing in the ears subsides and then dissapears completely gradually after the first month. I hope this is helpful.

I too have ringing ears (called tinnitus) since starting on Bystolic 3 months ago. 2.5 mg. twice per day for AFIB. Although I had some tinnitus before starting my regimine with Bystolic, the ringing has definitely increased in intensity. I try to ignore the ringing, but as you have experienced it is disconcerting. See an audiologist for a hearing test and let your doctor know about your ringing ears. He or she may adjust your dose. Hopefully that will help. Good luck!