Hydroxyzine - Is it like a benzodiazepine?

Hydroxyzine is a central nervous system (CNS) depressant. It also acts as an antihistamine .
Hydroxyzine is used as a sedative to treat anxiety and tension.
It is also used together with other medications given for anesthesia. Hydroxyzine may also be used to control nausea and vomiting.
Hydroxyzine is also used to treat allergic skin reactions such as hives or contact dermatitis.

Benzodiazepines are used as a sedative, muscle-relaxant, and anticonvulsant. They are also used to treat anxiety and tension and to produce amnesia.

Benzodiazepines are CNS depressants, like hydroxyzine, but they produce their action in a different way.
These links may be helpful.