Hydroxychloroquine - What is the best medicine for Rheumatoid Arthritis with the least side effects?

Many drugs used to treat rheumatoid arthritis have potentially serious side effects and monitoring is required.
Patients with rheumatoid arthritis should be treated as early as possible with DMARDs (disease modifying antirheumatic drugs). Examples include methotrexate, leflunomide, sulphasalazine and hydroxychloroquine. Sulfasalazine or hydroxychloroquine often are started first, but in more severe cases, methotrexate or combination therapy may be first-line treatment. Increasing evidence indicates that combinations of DMARDs can be more effective than single-drug regimens.