How would you compare talwin to oxycodone ?

Talwin is not nearly as strong as oxycodone. Talwin has mu antagonist properties along with mu agonist properties. I would compare Talwin closer to Darvocet in pain relief but that is my opinion. It is for mild to moderate pain where oxycodone is for moderate to severe pain.

Talwin is classified as an agonist/antagonist type opiate prescribed gor moderate to severe pain whereas oxycodone is a pure agonist also prescribed for moderate to severe pain. in my opinion oxycodone is more effective in relieving pain than pentazocine (talwin).
Just curious... what makes you ask this question...