How to take sedation away when taking anti depressents like rispedal saphris fanapt and etc?

Anonymous

Hello lerouge. What has helped me, and often doctors suggest it, is by splitting your dose. Some will argue that by doing that, your body is not receiving the full potental strength of the dose, the full theraputic capability of the drug. I say it varies from one drug, dose, to the person individual chemistry to absorb and process the drug. Best of wishes,

These are not antidepressants, they're all antipsychotics. If you are not schizophrenic, bipolar, or psychotic, they are probably not appropriate for you.

These drugs have numerous side-effects beyond drowsiness -- including weight gain and blood sugar elevation leading to diabetes. There can also be serious psychiatric side-effects. For example, Fanapt: 'Psychiatric side effects including restlessness, aggression, and delusion have been reported frequently.'

If you do not have one of the conditions mentioned above I would strongly suggest you talk to your doctor about changing therapies, especially if you were told these were antidepressants, as these drugs can cause depression.

Until you can talk to your doctor, your best bet is to split the dose and see how you do. Good luck!