How safe is it to start taking Enbrel medication if I have HEPC?

There is no note of a contraindication with regards to Hepatitis C (but caution with Hepatitis B as shown below), but please confirm with your doctor.

It just says that you may need a dose adjustment or special tests to safely use Enbrel if you have:

*a weak immune system;
*any type of infection including a skin infection or open sores;
*diabetes;
*congestive heart failure;
*a nerve disorder such as multiple sclerosis, myelitis, or optic neuritis;
*epilepsy or other seizure disorder;
*asthma or other breathing disorder;
*if you have ever had hepatitis B;
*if you are allergic to latex rubber;
*if you have recently been vaccinated with BCG (Bacille Calmette-Guerin); or
*if you are scheduled to receive any vaccines.

http://www.drugs.com/enbrel.html

i have r/a and am taking enbrel. i also have hepc with hep b antibodies. my doctor sent me to a liver dr prior to check conditon of liver. i advise to check liver and to do a hepc count. all this will tell your doctor if enbrel is o.k. for you