How much is cymbalta was told it is expensive?

hey Vickie,

Cymbalta can be very expensive and there is no generic for it yet in the USA. The earliest a generic will be available is 2013. The price will very depending on where you live and the pharmacy you call. Please call around to several local pharmacies to get a price range for this medication. I think you will find it to cost in the several hundred dollars a month.

If you don't have insurance, you maybe able to qualify for assistance in getting you prescription from the maufacturer Eli Lilly. There number is:

•For medical information, call The Lilly Answers Center at 1-800-LillyRx (1-800-545-5979)

You can also go to the official website for Cymbalta:

http://www.cymbalta.com

and you can get a coupon for a 30 day free trial if you have a valid prescrip from your doctor.

Hope some of this helps,

Laurie

With my insurance I pay $40 per bottle per month. Without insurance it would have cost about $180-$190 per bottle per month.